“All what you need are basic materials, your own hands and a hot oven.”
Bernhard Kuhn 1993
Ceramics, production in Berlin. The Baroque age, life at court, affluence, glamour, ironical citations of “golden ages“ are the main thread throughout his work.
Since he was a child Bernhard Kuhn loves to work with clay. As a natural consequence he starts an apprenticeship as a ceramist, but according to him he could also been trained as baker, cook or confectioner: “All what you need are basic materials, your own hands and a hot oven.”
In 1993 he starts to create his own ceramics. Bernhard does not re-invent well-tried products such as the form of a cup, but everything he loves and all he is interested in influences his work.
- A trip to Rome? You’ll find the sweeping and lavish language of the Baroque in his work.
- A visit to Sanssouci, Potsdam? The cups and beakers regain Prussian austerity.
- An exhibition with paintings of Caravaggio? ˇ Holy and secular subjects melt into his creations.
- A journey to Lisbon? The studio gets decorated with tiles of his style.
The Baroque age, life at court, affluence, glamour, ironical citations of golden ages are the main thread throughout his work.
Today Bernhard Kuhn runs a small studio with a few people in Berlin. The whole production of his ceramics is completed here. His pieces sell throughout the world, but they can also be purchased in his Berlin showroom.
Bernhard Kuhn 1993
柏林的 Kühn Keramik 手工陶瓷作品带有“巴洛克时代，宫廷生活，奢华，异域魅力，讽刺意味，以及黄金时代“的作品的是他主要风格。
Bernhard Kühn 幼时便喜爱用黏土创做。自然而然地，他成为了一名陶艺师的学徒，但他说，他同样可以成为一名面包师，厨师或是糕点师，为此他解释到：“对于这些工作，你所需要的最基本材料只有两件，自己的双手，和一个热炉。”
1993 年，他开始自己创作陶瓷产品。Bernhard Kühn 不会对于产品进行多余的重新设计和多次试作，就如他不会改变或破坏一个经典的杯型，，他所爱的一切，就是陶瓷制作的整个过程。
- 如果你有参观过 Caravaggio 的画展，你便会发现他的作品融入了那些神圣和生活的题材。
如今，Bernhard Kühn 同很少的几个人一起，在柏林一个小型作坊里完成产品的整个制作流程。除了在柏林展厅之外，在世界各地也可以购买到他的作品。